As of May 2015, JCGS no longer publishes a formal newsletter. Society information is distributed to JCGS members once or twice a month via MailChimp. This service is reserved for JCGS members only.
Below are the issues for 2014 and 2015.
For older newsletters, Go To Newsletter Archives.
Newsletters can be read using Adobe Reader.
- Unveiling an Historical Marker, by Louella Ormsby Sexsmith
- Jefferson County History: Big Snow of 1916, by Marge Samuelson
- Book Reviews by Sue Snyder. “Through the Looking Glass”, History of Dress from 1860 to Today” and “An Illustrated History of Hair Styles, 1830-1930”
- Reorganization of the JCGS Library Collection, by Mary Stolaas
- Jefferson County History: Mother’s Day: Lessons learned from our mothers, by Marge Samuelson
- Book Reviews by Sue Snyder. “Dearest Friend”, by Lynne Withey
- “What Did They Mean By That?”, by Jesse Stewart
- Jefferson County History: Oral Histories – A Priceless Gift, by Marge Samuelson
- Book Review: “Maps of the Oregon Trail”, by Gregory M. Franzwa, reviewed by Sue Snyder
- “An Unexpected Genealogical Find”, by Betty Burdyshaw
- Jefferson County History: Newspapers, a rich source for family information, by Marge Samuelson
- Book Review: “Covered Wagon Women”, edited and compiled by Kenneth L. Holmes, reviewed by Sue Snyder
- Roots Volunteer Award: Bev Brice, by Pam Wilson
- Jefferson County History: What does Women’s Suffrage have to do with Prohibition?, by Marge Samuelson
- My Revolutionary War Patriot, The Road to DAR Membership, by Pam Wilson
- Book Review: “If Walls Could Talk”, by Lucy Worsley, reviewed by Sue Snyder