The Research Center will be closed December 16 through January 1.
The RC will resume regular hours on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Where In The World Am I From?
January 6, 2018, 9:30-11:00 AM at the Research Center. Members of the Jefferson County Genealogical Society (JCGS) invite the public to a conversation “Where in the World Am I From?” about genealogy and how one goes about finding one’s family.
Click HERE for details.
Genealogy: The Basics.
Registration is now open. Registration deadline: January 12, 2018. The three week class is limited to only 18 students and it fills every year. Click HERE for details and registration form.
Jesse Stewart’s Power Point presentation “Finding Female Ancestors” from November 18 general meeting.
- FREE Online Indexes to JCGS Records. JCGS has indexed and cataloged almost 430,000 records covering myriad aspects of the lives of Jefferson County residents. Indexes to about 200,000 records can be searched for FREE on this website.
- About Jefferson County. History and information on the county.
- Jefferson County Records. What records were kept and how to find them.
- Online Subscription Databases FREE to JCGS members at the Research Center: American Ancestors, Ancestry.com, Fold3 and Newspaper Archives.
- JCGS Library Book Collection.
- Links to other local, regional and statewide sites that are also available to assist you with your research. These include links to local libraries, local city and county governments, regional genealogical societies, and Washington state resources.
- About Jefferson County Genealogical Society.
MONTHLY MEETINGS are held on the third Saturday of most months, beginning at 10:00, at the Tri-Area Community Center, in Chimacum (Map). Social time begins at 9:30. December 16: Holiday Cheer. Bring a finger-food snack and a story to share. This informal round-table “non-meeting” is an annual favorite. See *Calendar of Meetings & Events* for details.
JCGS members, be sure to check out the Discussion Groups.