The Research Center WILL BE CLOSED Monday, December 23 – Monday, January 6, 2014. It will reopen at 11:00 a.m., Tuesday, January 7, 2014.
The 2014 Beginning Genealogy Class will be held on five consecutive Monday afternoons, January 27-February 24, from 1:00 to 3:30, at the Research Center. Click here for class and registration details.
Genealogy and Family History. Local. National. International.
Records of people who have lived in Jefferson County, Washington, begin in 1852 and come from a variety of sources. JCGS has cataloged and indexed more than 250,000 records related to Jefferson County.
For those doing research outside of Jefferson County, we have books and resources in the Washington state, United States and Foreign collections in our library. Additionally, there several Online Subscription Databases that are FREE to JCGS Members at the Research Center, including American Ancestors (formerly NEGHS), Ancestry.com, Fold3 (formerly Footnote.com), and Newspaper Archives.
- About Jefferson County. History and information on the county.
- Jefferson County Records. What records were kept and how to find them.
- FREE Online Indexes to JCGS Records. JCGS has indexed and cataloged more than 250,000 records covering many aspects of the lives of Jefferson County residents.
- JCGS Library Book Collection.
- Links to other local, regional and statewide sites that are also available to assist you with your research. These include links to local libraries, local city and county governments, regional genealogical societies, and Washington state resources.
JCGS would be happy to assist you with your research. Go to the Research Request page for details.