Genealogy: Beyond the Basics: Military, Immigration, Land, Probate. October 23, 30 and November 6. Click HERE for details and registration. Registration deadline: October 9.
Annual Brick Wall Meeting November 18. Submission form deadline October 15. Click HERE for details and submission form.
- FREE Online Indexes to JCGS Records. JCGS has indexed and cataloged almost 430,000 records covering myriad aspects of the lives of Jefferson County residents. Indexes to about 200,000 records can be searched for FREE on this website.
- About Jefferson County. History and information on the county.
- Jefferson County Records. What records were kept and how to find them.
- Online Subscription Databases FREE to JCGS members at the Research Center: American Ancestors, Ancestry.com, Fold3 and Newspaper Archives.
- JCGS Library Book Collection.
- Links to other local, regional and statewide sites that are also available to assist you with your research. These include links to local libraries, local city and county governments, regional genealogical societies, and Washington state resources.
- About Jefferson County Genealogical Society.
MONTHLY MEETINGS are held on the third Saturday of most months, beginning at 10:00, at the Tri-Area Community Center, in Chimacum (Map). Social time begins at 9:30. October 21. American Origins and Migration Patterns. Presented by Bob Miller. See *Calendar of Meetings & Events* for details.
Beyond The Basics Class: The program will be held on the afternoons of October 23, 30, and November 6, 2017, from 1:00 to 3:30 at the Historical Society Research Center, 13692 Highway 19 (Airport Cutoff Road), Port Townsend. The cost is $30 for members, $55 for non-members (the fee for non-members includes a one-year membership). Deadline for registration October 9th. Registration Form
RESOURCE CORNERS are held on the fourth Saturday of most months, 9:30 to 11:00, at the Research Center. See *Calendar of Meetings & Events* for details.
September 23: Online Family Trees: What to post and what not to post.
October 28: Swedish Research, presented by JCGS member Diane Young.
JCGS members, be sure to check out the Discussion Groups.