WORD for Family Historians: A five session class on using Microsoft Word designed for the genealogical researcher, July 22 – August 19, 4:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m, at the Research Center. $30. Click HERE for details and registration form, or click on the Education tab above.
The Washington State Genealogical Conference will be held this year in Arlington on August 15 and 16: “Improved Genealogy Through Better Methods and Techniques”. Click HERE to go to the conference home page.
Genealogy and Family History. Local. National. International.
Records of people who have lived in Jefferson County, Washington, begin in 1852 and come from a variety of sources. JCGS has cataloged and indexed more than 250,000 records related to Jefferson County. These indexes are FREE and EASY to use on the website.
For those doing research outside of Jefferson County, we have books and resources in the Washington state, United States and Foreign collections in our library. Additionally, there several Online Subscription Databases that are FREE to JCGS Members at the Research Center, including American Ancestors (formerly NEGHS), Ancestry.com, Fold3 (formerly Footnote.com), and Newspaper Archives.
JCGS would be happy to assist you with your research. Go to the Research Request page for details.
- About Jefferson County. History and information on the county.
- Jefferson County Records. What records were kept and how to find them.
- FREE Online Indexes to JCGS Records. JCGS has indexed and cataloged more than 250,000 records covering many aspects of the lives of Jefferson County residents.
- JCGS Library Book Collection.
- Links to other local, regional and statewide sites that are also available to assist you with your research. These include links to local libraries, local city and county governments, regional genealogical societies, and Washington state resources.