To search the website for a FIRST NAME or a SURNAME
(but not both at the same time), click on the spyglass in the upper right corner.
Back by popular demand
Genealogy: The Basics :: March 25, April 8, April 15.
Registration Required. Deadline: March 16 — Details and Registration Form
DNA Class: Understanding Your DNA Results — For JCGS Members ONLY — June 1 and 15.
Registration Required. Deadline: May 11 — 2018 DNA Class Registration Form
- FREE Online Indexes to JCGS Records. JCGS has indexed and cataloged almost 430,000 records covering myriad aspects of the lives of Jefferson County residents. Indexes to about 200,000 records can be searched for FREE on this website.
- About Jefferson County. History and information on the county.
- Jefferson County Records. What records were kept and how to find them.
- Online Subscription Databases FREE to JCGS members at the Research Center: American Ancestors, Ancestry.com, Fold3 and Newspaper Archives.
- JCGS Library Book Collection.
- Links to other local, regional and statewide sites that are also available to assist you with your research. These include links to local libraries, local city and county governments, regional genealogical societies, and Washington state resources.
- About Jefferson County Genealogical Society.
MONTHLY MEETINGS are held on the third Saturday of most months, beginning at 10:00, at the Tri-Area Community Center, in Chimacum (Map). Social time begins at 9:30.
March 17: Genealogy and City Directories, presented by Mary Roddy. See *Calendar of Meetings & Events* for details.
Workshop: March 17: Spreadsheets 101 – An Excel-lent Hands-On Tutorial, with Mary Roddy. Pre-Registration required. To register for the workshop, send Bev an email at bb [at] olympus [dot] net before March 12. Payment will be due at the workshop. See *Calendar of Meetings & Events* for details.
RESOURCE CORNERS are held on the fourth Saturday of most months, 9:30 to 11:00, at the Research Center.
February 24: DNA-Is It for Me? Dianne Duncan, Leslie Lewis, Rene Rodgers, and Dora Whittaker share their knowledge. See *Calendar of Meetings & Events* for details.
JCGS members, be sure to check out the Discussion Groups.
2018 NOTE: JCGS will not renew its subscriptions to Fold3 (expires in May) or Newspaper Archives (expires in August). JCGS encourages members (and others) to obtain a KING COUNTY LIBRARY CARD to have free access to both these subscriptions, as well as many others, on your personal devices. The application can be completed and submitted on line, and a card will be mailed to you. HOWEVER, you will need to visit a King County library branch to activate the card.
Visit JCGS on Facebook